Friday, January 04, 2008

Anticlimactic

Happy New Year everyone! Since we're starting anew in '08 I suppose now is the time to post the pics of my "new" hairdo. I realized that I got the most votes for the hair cut of a person who I named that doesn't even exist. It's Rachel McAdams, not Amy Adams! Where did I get Amy Adams from anyway? Isn't that the 90's Christian pop music singer? If so, I would have gotten a nice curly big-hair perm.

I went somewhere between chickening out and making a change. I had my hair dyed, and love the color. The cut is okay, but still not too dramatic of a change from what it was before. Here it is right after I had it done. Keep in mind, I had just received the full sha-bang styling job:

Why is it that my hair never looks the same after the day I get it cut? Here is a picture from a week later on New Years when I styled it myself:


You can't see it very well in this picture, but to me it pretty much looks like it did before. All that build up and this is what you get - a semi-new/back to the old 'do. I hope I don't get any hate comments from those of you who cared enough to cast your vote.

In other voting news, I'm excited that Barack Obama won the Iowa caucus. He's been my pick from the get-go. I think this nation just needs someone who is really going to look out for the interests of the people instead of spending so much time investing in making decisions based on what's going to keep them in their position the longest. Go Barack!

Seriously, how can you see this and not absolutely love the guy?

Okay, getting off my political pedastal now. Time to get on my movie critic pedastal! Best movie I saw in 2007?

Kyle had been dying to see Juno for weeks and we finally had a chance to see it last week. I normally don't like to get movie recommendations because inevitably someone will come back and say they had such high expectations and it didn't live up to them, but I have to say I really enjoyed this movie overall. Well-written, well-acted, great soundtrack - so if you enjoy witty dialogue performed by solid actors with some fun tunes playing to enhance your movie-going experience, then I highly recommend Juno.
That being said, I'm really trying to downplay the whole movie here. All I can say is GO SEE IT! Then you can judge for yourself. But if you disagree with me then you're crazy. Hehe. The only thing I didn't like about it is that since it is a chick-flick, Kyle is trying to pass it off as being my movie choice so that he can pick the next one too. Nice try buddy!

No comments: