Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Don't Want to Want My MTV

Sometimes I think that if I watch enough hours of sleazy MTV shows I'll automatically be sent to hell when I die. For some reason last night I was sucked into watching "Parental Control". That's the show where the mom and dad who don't like their son/daughter's girlfriend/boyfriend set him or her up with two different dates and then watch the dates with said girlfriend/boyfriend. The whole time, they trade "witty" remarks such as the girlfriend saying to the dad, "Look how ugly that girl is you picked out. You must like ugly girls - look at your wife!" What the...? Seriously, who talks like that to any adult, much less the parents of your boyfriend? Yeah, if that show isn't really one big joke with a bunch of bad actors then I think the entire corporation of MTV may be going to hell too. Ew, and the dad in the episode I watched last night was a total perv. The entire show was just wrong.

On another note, Kyle doesn't know this yet but I almost adopted a cat last night. I was having another bout of insomnia and trying to get myself to fall back asleep again when I heard a cat meowing outside of our apartment. Me being the crazy cat lady that I am opened the door and there was a cute little kitty just sitting there looking up at me with big eyes. So I went up to it and started petting it, and it was the cutest little purrbucket. Then she went into our apartment, and I gave her a bowl of water which she rejected, but after that I was having trouble getting her to leave (probably partly because I didn't want her to leave). I contemplated bringing her into our bedroom where Kyle was sleeping soundly and begging him if I could please please keep her but then reason and flashbacks of our crazy cat Emma (may she rest in peace) got the better of me. She went away eventually but I am secretly hoping for more visits from my new little friend. For now I will stick to my weekly volunteer visits at the Rescue House to get my cat fixes.

2 comments:

Laughing Fool said...

I was wondering why there was a bowl of water outside. Figured a cat must be hanging around. Glad you didn't wake me. I may have caved because in my sleeping state my rationality sometimes fails me. Good kitty can easily = evil cat.

lil jay said...

ha ha ha, what happened to Emma?