Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Perfect Bikini Body

I get these e-mails from Victoria's Secret online informing me of their once a year sales (that actually happen every other day). Given the fact that summer is coming up, I decided to peruse their swimwear section. What started out as looking for a cute swimsuit turned into me shopping for the perfect bikini body.

On a side note, what the hell is up with the whole posing like you're about to pull your bottoms down deal? Seemed to be a common theme in the Vicky's online catalog.

Every year I promise myself I will be good and work out before summer hits. I can only think of one year that I actually did it, and that was the year that I also ate massive amounts of food at a time so I was just a semi-toned big girl. I fear that getting the perfect bikini body is only a pipe dream for me. Ahh, such is life.

I'm off to see my therapist. We have to attend 10 counseling sessions as part of my program. Lately I've enjoyed throwing the occasional "so, I was talking to my therapist..." into conversations. Makes me feel like Demi Moore in St. Elmo's fire, without the wicked stepmonster and the perfect bikini body.

Ta ta!

2 comments:

Laughing Fool said...

You crack me up P.

Cherann said...

I think the whole pull your bottom thing is aimed at men. In the hopes that the men will buy their women some bikinis.