Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I am an Aunt!

Today was a crazy emotional day. My parents and I went with my sister to see the sonogram that would show the sex of her baby. I won't disclose the sex here, since Cathee probably would like to be able to tell people herself insteaed of having me post it on my blog for all to read, but I just have to say how amazing it is to sit in a room and see your future niece/nephew (ha, thought you had me there, huh?) just kickin' it, waiting to be born. He/she waved his/her little arm and started moving his/her mouth, like he/she was talking, and we joked that there was probably a cell phone in there since my sister is notorious for her marathon cell phone talks. Mom started crying (of course), and dad acted like he didn't care when I could really tell inside he was just swelling with pride. And Mike and Cathee are sooo ecstatic -how exciting!

It just made me realize, that despite any differences I may have with my sister, we are and always will be family, and that little kid is sure going to be loved to death by his/her aunt. Hopefully this blog will stand the test of time and one day my little niece/nephew will get to read how loved he/she was even before he/she was born. Whew, I'm getting exhausted now just trying to make sure I'm covering my bases with the gender thing. Anyway, just had to share with you just how awesome it was.

3 comments:

Laughing Fool said...

I can't wait to be an uncle to him/her. Thought I was going to mess it all up there by saying it is a boy/girl didn't you!

lil jay said...

Congrats to you and your family!!!

Yay!

Anonymous said...

I still have the still-shots from all of my kids' sonograms. Pretty amazing, huh?! When I was pregnant with my oldest son my husband came (his first time ever) to the "showing". During the time the baby was visible on screen, he made his gender known by actually urinating! We could see the stream...it was so funny but so incredible! Congratulations Cheryl! Your niece/nephew is going to be so lucky to have you for their loving aunt. I'm sure you're going to spoil them terribly.