Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Student Again

I started school on Monday. It's the strangest thing to take an 8 year break from something and then have to step right back into it. I guess you could say going back to school is like riding a bike though, because everything just seemed to come rushing back to me at once. Okay, so my concerns about the laptop thing were totally unnecessary. In fact, you'd probably look like a right ass if you whipped out a laptop during heavy discussion sessions, so I'm really glad I didn't run out and buy one. And make no mistake about it, I seriously considered buying one. Luckily I kept those thoughts a secret from Kyle or he probably would have had a heart attack, what with his high cholesterol and all.

The one thing I did have to get used to again was raising my hand in class. There were a few times I just blurted things out, and I don't think it went over very well. Oh well, ya live and learn. My first night I had 60 pages of reading. 60 PAGES! I think that's more non-fiction than I've read ever since I graduated from undergrad! It went quickly though, because now I feel like this is information I'm actually going to apply to my real life career. Imagine that! Anyway, I like it so far.

I'll try to keep up the blogging, but my posts may be sparse in the next few weeks since I'm still working full-time in addition to taking my class, and Kyle and I are celebrating our two-year anniversary on Monday. How he has survived two years of waking up to my scary Clearasil spotted, messy ponytail, crazy-thick glasses wearing face every morning I'll never know. God love him.

2 comments:

Laughing Fool said...

I am very glad you didn't tell me about the laptop plan. I would have cried and maybe died.

You should be nice to yourself. You are beautiful to me even wearing Clearasil with bed head and your awesome glasses. Ahh so sweet...

BROB said...

I am so proud of my Granddaughter, the student.