Friday, May 05, 2006

So sad

maladroit - adj. tactless, clumsy

Boo, what a difference a week makes. I thought by this time I'd be celebrating the glorious victory of the Lakers and an exciting L.A. Clippers/Lakers series, but now it's looking verrry iffy for my boys. The saddest part is that I saw some statistic saying that 96% of teams that go 3-1 in a series eventually go on to win. I really really hope the Lakers don't fall into that 4% category. I can't take the suspense!

I've been lagging on the posts this week. Work's been somewhat busy, and I've actually had things to do after work. Monday we went to see the John Butler Trio and Wednesday we saw Animal Liberation Orchestra. Both performances were on a Hornblower cruise ship, so it was fun to be able to enjoy the music while cruising around the San Diego Bay. Both were really amazing too! Kyle and I were dorky ALO groupies and went to talk to the band afterwards. I was pretty wasted at that point, so I don't even know what I was saying to the guitar player, Dan. When I play it back in my mind it goes something like this:

ME: So, where did you guys all meet?
DAN: We went to UC Santa Barbara together.
ME: That's cool, is that how you know Jack Johnson?
DAN: Yeah.
ME: Do you all live close to each other?
DAN: Well some of us live in San Francisco, one guy lives in Seattle.

But here's how it probably really went:

ME: OH MY GAWD! YOU GUYS ARE SOOO WICKED AWESOME!
DAN: Uh, thanks. (Looks around quickly for an escape route)
ME: LIKE, WHERE DO YOU ALL LIVE? CAN I COME TO VISIT?
DAN: Umm, Northern California, around that area. (Mentally taking note of my physical description to i.d. me as potential suspect for crazy stalker incidents).
ME: I'M TOTALLY COMING TO YOUR NEXT GIG!
DAN: Great....

I'm sure I came across as a maladroit drunkard. So yeah, Kyle and I are going to see them again June 3rd at the Belly Up. I highly recommend you check out their music at www.alomusic.com. They're also playing tonight at the Temple Bar in Santa Monica for you L.A. peeps. If you go, tell Dan that Kyle and crazy Cheryl sent you. Yeah, that's not stalkerish sounding at all...

OH YEAH, I found out that Costco sells something just like the Magic Mic for only $200! I guess that ruins my plan to import Magic Mic's from the Philippines and start a Magic Mic store. Oh well, for everyone who wanted to get one, now you know where to go. I guess Kyle and I will be less popular too since we won't be the only ones with a Magic Mic pretty soon - hee hee.

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Justin will be in town this weekend, so we should be doing more exciting things than our usual sit in front of the TV weekends.

1 comment:

lil jay said...

ONE MORE GAME!!!

WE CAN DO IT! I'd bet on Kobe to pull it out in a high pressure situation any day!