Thursday, June 15, 2006

Happy Faces

feckless - adj. worthless; weak; ineffective

So yesterday I was listening to the John Tesh radio evening show (an unfortunate side effect of my newfound love for Celine Dion type music). John was actually talking about an interesting study that was just conducted on the effectiveness of writing requests to people on post-it notes. Apparantly, the study proved that people are much more likely to fulfill requests that are written to them on a post-it note because it feels more personal. The likelihood of the request being filled increases even more when a happy face is written on the post-it, as it appeals to people's good nature. I've decided now that I'm going to carry post-it notes around in my purse, to be handed out in appropriate situations such as the following:

When I run into Katie Holmes (since it happens quite often of course):
"Please come to your senses and get out of that Cruiseazy situation you are in, fake baby and all. :)"

To the rude restaurant hostess:
"Please do not look down at me just because you control the seating in this fine establishment. Being unpleasant is not going to get your promoted to waitress any faster. :)"

At the grocery store:
"Please position your cart so it is not blocking the entire aisle, causing a traffic jam while you look for just the right salad dressing with the perfect number of calories and fat content. :)"

At family parties:
"Please stop asking me when we are going to have kids. :)" (I'll just have to wear this one, since I'd run out of post-it notes in no time if I had to give one to every person who asks)

To the Passive Agressives:
"Be straightforward! If you think you are better than me just say so, you are entitled to your opinion. :)"

And finally, for Kyle's dentist:
"You suck. :)" - All right, I know that isn't a request, but really a post-it note or anything for that matter would probably be feckless against the extortionists in the dental industry (not including my friend Chris of course)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

likely to write in when they were upset winning was Classical Baby, which visitors that France remains safe. It forever. basis and in many respects it has ideas

Laughing Fool said...

1) Brilliant!
2) Who the FIZUK is dzierslaw nylander and what the hell does his/her insane ramblings mean?!!!!

chersdyls said...

I don't know who that guy is, but I'll bet you he's a John Tesh fan.

lil jay said...

he he he
you guys are so funny :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»