Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Back to School Preparations

Did Kevin from Kevin & Bean get a divorce? I'm listening to the stream from this morning and they were talking about how Kevin isn't happy that Miami won the NBA finals (boo!). Bean said it was just because Shaq was in the Lakers during Kevin's divorce, so he has bad associations with the big guy. Kevin insists it's because he just can't stand the idea of Shaq being happy that he has gotten back at the Lakers. I'm kind of on board with Kevin myself. Then again, I don't think I am ever happy if anyone other than the Lakers wins.

So school starts for me in a few weeks. Seeing as how it has been almost 10 years since I last attended a class, I imagine things have changed quite a bit. Will I look like a dork the first day of class when I show up with notebook and pencil in hand while everyone else busts out their state of the art laptops? Do I bring a backpack to class, or am I supposed to have moved on to a sophisticated leather briefcase as a grad student? I remember when all I had to worry about when it came to back to school was buying new clothes. Now I have to do the opposite and try my hardest NOT to buy new clothes since I will be one broke ass student. At least now I've grown up enough to know that while that free t-shirt with the Mastercard logo splattered across it is utterly cool and will probably show up in the latest issue of In Style magazine, it is not worth an eternity of credit card bills.

I guess there are good and bad things about going back to school. I'll probably have a better idea of what those things are once I actually start. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»