Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bullseye

ascetic: adj.; practicing self denial; stark

HAPPY 35TH ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD! Here's to 35 more years of corny jokes and Scrabble tournaments.

Allow me to pay homage to one of my most favoritest places in the world. Yes ladies, I know you know what I'm talking about - it's the almighty TARGET! I used to get so excited every time I went that I would have to go to the bathroom as soon as I walked through the sliding glass doors. Just the sight of those glorious red shopping carts all lined up in a row had me running to the nearest ladies room. However, I quickly discovered the one major drawback of Target. That would be the not so clean bathrooms. So now I've trained myself to have some control so as not to mar the joyous occassion that is a trip to Target.

I was quite proud of myself for having ascetic restraint last night and only spending $25 there. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've gone to Target and spent less than $50. They are so smart to put everything you could have ever wanted and more in one place. Remember when Mossimmo used to be an overpriced store in South Coast Plaza? Well, gone are the days when I could not even afford to purchase one Mossimmo sock. Now you can get a Mossimmo dress, jacket, and even a pair of sassy shoes to complete your outfit for less than the price of one of those said socks in days gone by.

The $1 section is insane yo! Who knew you could buy so many things for a mere 1/3rd of the cost of a gallon of gas? Lately I've been having this problem where I confuse my dishes sponges with my counter sponges, and I was thinking it would be great to get a couple of sponge dishes to distinguish the two. Well lo and behold, what do you think I found in the $1 section last night? Sponge dishes AND a pair of kitchen tongs that I have been in desperate need of. I must have been a good girl this year, because Santa Target just sent me some early Christmas presents!

If heaven were a place on Earth, I think it would have to be Disneyland with a Target planted firmly in the middle of Downtown Disney. But not one of those two story Targets, those are just too complicated for me. I like the idea of being able to wander the aisles without having to worry about which floor I need to hit up for my Herbal Essences shampoo. Ooh, or better yet, what if "It's a Small World" floated you right through the Target aisles at the end? They have taken to putting their Disney souveneir stores at the end of each ride so that poor parents like Cheryl and Chris have to practically blindfold their kids in order to avoid spending their life savings on princess figurines and such. I think Disney would love my idea - somebody get Robert Iger on the phone!

1 comment:

cici said...

DUDE i LOVE the $1 section!!! it's not nasty crappy stuff like other bargain sections. they actually have really cute stuff in there, it's so good. i love it.