Monday, April 24, 2006

The Sky is Falling!

gaucherie: n.; socially awkward; tactless behavior

What a bee-yoo-tiful day it is today! It's days like these when I really miss my little red VW convertible Cabriolet that I could drive around with the top down.

So Kyle has lately been obsessed with this psychic guy, Edgar Caycee. They did a History Show special on him the other day which I, of course, slept through (I am completely powerless against that recliner couch, I tell you), but Kyle stayed up and watched all the way until the show ended at 10:00.

Side Bar: There must be something in our marriage license saying that we can't stay up past 10:30, because ever since we got married I cannot for the life of me stay up beyond that time.

Anyway, back to the psychic. Apparantly he and multiple dudes with prophetic powers have predicted that the world is going to come to an end in the year 2012. This is all Kyle has been able to talk about. I for one, believe that ignorance is bliss, so I would have been happy to not know that information at all. But now that I do, I feel the need to share with all of you because for some reason, I feel much more comforted knowing that we will be harboring this knowledge of the end of the world together. I apologize if some of you view this as a form of gaucherie on my part, but darnit, it makes ME feel better!

My reality show options are slowly dwindling. First the end of Project Runway, now the Next Food Network Star is over. I was happy that Guy won because I voted for him. Kyle makes fun of me because yes, I do cast votes for shows such as American Idol, the Next Food Network Star, and you can bet I'm getting my dialing fingers ready for So You Think You Can Dance. Get out and vote y'all!

2 comments:

Laughing Fool said...

In my defense it was a really crazy History Channel special! Nostradamus, the Mayans, a psyhcic Catholic Archbishop (long-dead) and this Cayce guy all say the end is coming soon. Party on people!

cici said...

dude those couches are evil.