Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lookyloo

quotidian: adj. daily, commonplace, customary

Do you ever look around when you're in your car and snoop at people when they don't think anyone else sees? I don't do it that often, but I see the funniest things when I do. Like last night, I was stopped at a light on the corner of Mira Mesa Blvd. and Camino Santa Fe, right next to an L.A. Fitness. For some reason, I felt the urge to look over into the big window where the aerobics room is. First of all, I am a firm believer in not working out in a gym where the whole world can see you. Windows in gym should be an illegal concept. Who wants to be subject to public viewing when you've got sticky hair and pit stains, and who is even interested in looking at that shizz? Well, apparantly I am because there I was spying on a group of Filipino moms and dads, looking like they were practicing the cha-cha. Probably for some kid's debut. Filipino parents live for that stuff man. I remember my debut, and it was more like my mom's coming out party then mine. All I wanted to do was bump some Boyz II Men, when my mom insisted on having her AND ALL HER FRIENDS out there doing the Kadal Blelah. At the time I was really embarrassed, but now that I think about it I should have appreciated the cultural aspect of it more.

So to whatever 18 year old Filipino young lady it is whose mom and dad are gathering their friends at the L.A. Fitness during all hours of the night to practice a dance for your party, I say rock with it. Just remember that your parents are embarrassing you because they love you.

I'm off to get my hair cut. Of course my hair looks like crap on a quotidian basis, and today when I'm about to get it cut I get a bunch of compliments on it, making me not want to cut it. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Receive a tax-free big money lump quantity or at best income,